- What file format and encoding rate will my downloads be?
- I can't find a track that I want, what should I do?
- Can I share my downloads with friends?
- How do I pay for my tracks via PayPal?
- I purchased the wrong track, can I get a refund?
- I run a record label, can I sell my music on Trackitdown?
- How do I sell t-shirts, hoodies and other merchandise on Trackitdown?
- How do I get a banner for my product on Trackitdown?
- I'm an artist who owns the copyrights on previously released music, can I sell my music on Trackitdown?
- I'm an unsigned artist, can I sell my music on Trackitdown?
- My preview player isn't working properly - what can I do?
- How do I add my latest chart?
- How do I add tracks, artists and labels to my Facebook profile?
- How do I Tweet a track on Trackitdown?
- How can Trackitdown recommend me music based on my favourites and previous purchases?
- What do the star symbols next to each track mean?
- What are HTML stickers and how can I create one for the tracks I like?
Q. What file format and encoding rate will my downloads be?
A. The music files offered for download are WAVs (studio masters) and 320kbps MP3 format providing great quality and flexibility.
Q. I can't find a track that I want, what should I do?
A. If you are looking for a specific title that is unavailable from our site please contact us so we can try to obtain it for you. email@example.com
Q. Can I share my downloads with friends?
A. No. Anyone found distributing, sharing or copying our music files will have their account suspended and face prosecution by the relevant authorities. By paying the small download price you are supporting the artists and record labels, this enables them to keep providing new music. Piracy will not be tolerated.
Q. How do I pay for my tracks via PayPal?
- Register with PayPal and register your bank account with them.
- Transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account.
- When you have finished choosing the tracks you'd like to buy, click the "Checkout With PayPal" button next to the usual "Checkout" button.
- Follow the checkout steps. You'll be taken to the PayPal site to verify the transaction and then returned to Trackitdown to download your tracks once the payment is complete.
Q. I purchased the wrong track, can I get a refund?
A. No. You should check the tracks listed in your basket before completing the payment process.
Q. I run a record label, can I sell my music on Trackitdown.net?
A. Please contact us with further information about your company and the music you release. Full details of who to contact can be found on the Contacts page of the website.
Q. How do I sell t-shirts, hoodies and other merchandise on Trackitdown?
A. Are you a record label, club brand or DJ with a large fanbase? If you would like to sell your merchandise through our store please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. How do I get a banner for my product on Trackitdown?
A. We can host a banner for an agreed period for a release, a rate card is available. You just need to download our banner specifications.
Q. I'm an artist who owns the copyright on previously released material, can I sell my music on Trackitdown?
A. Please contact us with further information about you and your music. email@example.com
Q. My preview player isn't working properly - what can I do?
A. Try installing the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player - click here to download.
Q. I am an unsigned artist, can I sell my music on Trackitdown.net?
A. We only accept tracks from established artists / labels. If you really think you have something special to offer please contact our Label Managers with full details about your music.
We are extremely pleased to announce that all trackitdown users, artists and DJs can now generate and share their very own Charts / Playlists and it couldn’t be simpler.
There are two ways to create your Charts / Playlists, either from tracks in your player or from tracks in your basket. A My Charts / Playlist buttons has been added to your control panel by the Facebook and Twitter icons
Instructions to Create Chart / Playlist from the Player
01. Start off by clearing the player. Now every track you preview will be loaded into the player. You can remove tracks by clicking X by the track title.
02. Load up the player with tracks you love.
03. Playlists are not limited by track numbers so you can either create your current top 10 or include all the tracks from your weekends DJ set or radio show, it’s entirely up to you.
04. Once you’re happy click ‘create chart’, you will have another chance to change the order and remove tracks in a moment.
05. Give the collection a title.
06. Add any additional information such as ‘This is my playlist from Halloween 2010 party – check out what I played and enjoy!’ to the info box .
07. Upload a square picture to accompany the playlist – this can be your photo, logo or even event flyer.
08. Re-arrange your playlist / chart by dragging the tracks up and down .
09. Delete tracks if necessary.
10. Click ‘save playlist / chart.
You will then be given a direct link to your playlist which can be shared on Facebook in exactly the same way as you can share any other release, chart or playlist from Trackitdown.
Additionally we have also given you the function to embed your Playlist / Chart on your website, blog, myspace profile or any other page that excepts HTML. These come in three handy sizes.
Instructions to Create Chart / Playlist from the Basket
Alternatively you can browse the site and any tracks you wish to add to a playlist simply click BUY and add them to your basket. Once you’re happy click the My Charts / Playlist button in your control panel next to the Facebook and Twitter logos. This will then give you the option to Create Chart / Playlist from the Basket
Now follow steps 5 through to 10
If you ever need to edit, amend or delete a bundle you can just click My Charts / Playlist and then click the cog button for options
It’s never been easier to share the music you love to your friends and fans.
Q. How do I add tracks, artists and labels to my Facebook profile?
A.You can now add links to Artist, Track and Label pages featured on Trackitdown to your Facebook profile! It will appear in the form of a Posted Link on your profile and you won't need to add any applications or any external software for it to appear - click once and it's done! To do this, please visit the individual page for the Artist, Track or Label you wish to add to your profile. In the example below, we've used the artist page for Tiesto:
Simply click on the Facebook link to add this page to your profile it's that simple! Users of other popular social bookmarking sites including Digg, Ma.gnolia, del.icio.us and StumbleUpon need not worry we've catered for you as well. You will find these links on every single artist, track, label and news page on the Trackitdown site.
Q. How do I Tweet a track on Trackitdown?
A. Easy! Just go to its track page and click on the "Tweet This" icon under the track details. You will be redirected to the Twitter site to log in and Tweet the track.
Q. How can Trackitdown recommend me music based on my favourites and previous purchases?
A.We've developed a recommendation system for Trackitdown which, frankly, we're extremely proud of. If you spend hours going through new release sections and only find one track that you're after, then this is the system which is going to benefit you greatly.
Select your favourite artists and record labels and add them to your individual profile by simply clicking on the "Add To My TID Favourites" button on each individual track, artist and label page. You will find this button just above the Bookmark links, as pictured below:
Once this is done, the system will automatically recommend new tracks to you once new tracks become available from the artists, labels or tracks which you have saved. Accessing this list couldn't be easier. If new tracks are available, the following link will appear in the Log In panel:
Click on "Recommended for you " and you will be taken to a page containing recommendations based on your favourites, and on your previous purchases! The system automatically works out whether you've been buying tech trance, drum & bass or funky house (for example) and will provide a list of recommendations based on your order history. Want to remove a favourite? Click on "My Account" (as pictured above), select the "Favourites" tab and click the Delete button next to the favourites you wish to remove.
You'll never need to tirelessly look through New Release sections ever again we've just made your weekly shop that much easier.
Q. What do the star symbols next to each track mean?
A. This is part of Trackitdown's unique Rating System. Once you have registered and logged into Trackitdown, you will be able to give every track on the site a rating mark out of 5. Simply click on the number of stars you wish to give the track (1 = poor, 5 = excellent) and your rating will be saved and shared with all other users on Trackitdown.
Q. What are HTML stickers and how can I create one for the tracks I like?
A. You can now easily create HTML stickers (a custom-made image complete with a mini music player) for each track listed on the site for use on MySpace pages, Facebook profiles, websites, e-mails, e-mail signatures, e-flyers and anything else which accepts HTML (website) code! Simply load each individual track page (for example: http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/trance/track/478914.html) and click the "GET AN HTML STICKER FOR THIS TRACK" button, situated below the Play Now button. Here, you will see an example of what the sticker will look like and the generated code. Simply copy this generated code and paste it into whatever application you see fit! Below is an example of what this will look like: