Trackitdown's favorit comedians are performing at the Edinburgh festival.
The Shirley and Shirley Show
At Underbelly Belly Dancer, 5.05pm, 6 to 30 August (excluding 17th)
The scorching new comedy duo Shirley and Shirley present their outstanding debut Edinburgh Festival Fringe show.
Brave, inventive and completely shameless, Shirley and Shirley are well on their way to being the next big thing on stage and screen. They are making their name on the London comedy scene and are endorsed by leading comedy performers including Mackenzie Crook and David Walliams.
“Characters that make you think ‘I wish I’d thought of that’” Mackenzie Crook
Exquisitely performed, their show introduces a medley of remarkable situations and incredible characters - all simultaneously recognisable and utterly bizarre. These include:
• musical spectacular Mamma Mumbai, a collision of movie sensations Mamma Mia and the Bollywood industry
• ever-enthusiastic X-Factor wannabe Amber as she copes with joy, disappointment, Simon Cowell and a range of unlikely scenarios
• a brilliantly observed Jennifer Anniston under pressure in interview
• Peckham duo Shiniqua and LaRhonda clean up their Community through the medium of Beatboxing, MCing and Dancing Under Pressure
• a series of fantastical physical pieces that both disgust and delight
• cross-dressing between gender, culture - and even species
Joanna Carolan and Pascale Wilson met in 1993 and instantly discovered a shared appreciation of the surreal and the ridiculous. They have been performing as Shirley and Shirley for the past twelve months and are already in demand on the London comedy circuit. They host regular residencies at Albany and the Comedy Pub in Leicester Square and have performed at venues including Madame JoJo’s, Tabard Theatre, Hen and Chickens and a sold-out performance at Soho Theatre.
Show Shirley and Shirley: The Shirley and Shirley Show
Venue Underbelly Belly Dancer, Cowgate George IV Bridge
Dates 6 – 30 August (no show on 17th)
Box office 0844 545 8252 ∙ www.underbelly.co.uk